Monday, June 27, 2011

It is hot hot!

Agh! I am terrible at keeping up with this! I hope this finds you doing well, in spite of the endless heat of this summer. I have been wedding planning...which can be fun, if I don't allow myself to become overwhelmed. I am the most indecisive person that I know, so sometimes answering 5000 questions is way too much for me. I think I am handling it pretty well, though! Other than wedding planning, I have been spending time with my family which I always love. My sister is very ready to have her baby...it could be any day now! I am almost finished knitting my soon to be born nephew's blanket (that should be my goal for tomorrow) and will have it done by the time he is born! I will, I tell you!

Lately, I have been wanting to find new recipes to cook. I would love to have more vegetarian options other than pasta and bean tacos. Eric and I have been trying to keep the pasta cooking down to one night a week, because we were going pasta crazy for a while there. The local trader joe's has a lot to offer, but I feel like I have tried all of their put together meals now. I want to branch way out and come up with yummy meals that are healthy and light. I will share my favorites with you if you share your's with me! For now, I will share a great pasta recipe (I can't stay away from pasta...I told you haha!) this is one of my absolute favorite meals, which a family friend shared with my family:

Rotini pasta (angel hair pasta is also good with it)
Olive oil
A lot of basil (one cup)
Half cup sun dried tomatoes
Half cup of diced tomatoes
Little bit of salt and pepper (I'll fill in the exact amounts at a later time)
Crumbled feta cheese

Cook up the olive oil with basil, both tomato types, salt, pepper in a skillet until the tomatoes and basil wilt somewhat. Cook the pasta at the same time so they will both be ready together. After draining pasta, add all ingredients from the skillet and then add the feta cheese.

It is super easy to cook and very very delicious...the left overs are even better than the first serving! Feel free to share some of your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment