Friday, May 6, 2011

My very first blog...ever!

Hello, to you!

I don't know if this will be a consistent habit of mine, or if I will do this when I need to vent about whatever I have bottled up inside of me for weeks at a time...but I felt like "blogging." Hopefully, something productive will come out of it. I'm sure everyone's first blog sounds exactly like this one haha. So, I apologize for the boring first few sentences that you blog followers probably read 5 times a day...assuming people follow blogs like they do Facebook and Twitter.

Well, I guess I should start out by introducing myself. My name is MK. Take a guess at what that stands for...I bet you'll get it right in three tries! I don't know if I should talk about personal info, so I won't say where I live, but I did just graduate college with a degree in Elementary Education. I am currently a substitute teacher in hopes of teaching Kindergarten full time next school year. I feel like my thoughts revolve around teaching entirely too much, so I will try to talk about other things but I gaurantee I will probably mention the subject at least once in every post...I can't help it.

I don't think my life is exciting enough to blog about something every day, but as I get into it, that opinion may change. Tonight, I felt like talking about a void I have created in my life. Before college, singing was a HUGE part of my life. I don't even think my best friends realized how important this release of energy was for me. I kept this private, I guess because of slight self-consciousness, but I have realized recently that because I have stopped singing on a regular basis...there is a void inside of me. Mrs. Ely always said this would happen, too haha (chorus, as well as my favorite teacher ever!) I let out so much emotion through music and then just stopped once I got to college. I wasn't confident enough in my voice to try out for any type of chorus in college, so I just didn't. I regret that, slightly...but that shouldn't be an excuse as to why I have stopped singing in general. I am very rarely alone in my apartment, so I don't get the opportunity to belt out something when I need to...I'm sure my neighbors are appreciative of this haha. If I am in my car, I am either driving home from work, exhausted or with another person. I just noticed this recently, as I kept feeling frustrated and almost depressed. I heard a song I love tonight and felt a complete urge to scream the words at the top of my lungs, but was in a very public area haha. Anyone else feel like this? I feel like I sound insane. I guess I just need more time to myself, is the gist of this. 

Anywho---I'm also in the midst of many life-changing events. My sister is about to have a baby boy! I am beyond thrilled about this and can not WAIT to meet him :) Me and all of my friends are working full time jobs, which means I NEVER see them...and that has been a really hard change for me, whether I voice that to them or not. I think that hit me tonight, as well. I really really really really miss my best friends. Sigh! I will try not to sound so gloomy in my next blog! 

I am getting constant cravings for traveling lately. I want to get on a plane and leave for a month or two and explore. That would be amazing! I have wanted to go to Italy for basically my entire life...I really don't know why Italy, but that's where I want to go. Did you see Eat, Pray, Love...because that is my dream life haha. I want to go to Italy and eat and drink wine. That's all. Meet people, eat, and drink wine...and maybe blog about it. I could do a combination of Eat, Pray, Love and Amy Adam's character in Julie and Julia. 

Well, I suppose that is all for now. I will try to do a better job next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment